RSS

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Candy Corn Blondies


As I was walking through Walmart the other weekend, I happened to notice a bag of candy corn flavor M&M's.  I couldn't believe it!!!  I love M&M's and candy corn, so I knew right away that I needed to purchase a bag, or two, or ok........maybe three.  The next step was to try to think of something to incorporate them into.  Originally I was going to add them to some sugar cookies, but then the craving for brownies came along.  I didn't feel like making traditional brownies though, because the M&M's contained white chocolate, so instead; I decided to attempt making Blondie's. 


FYI- I've had the opportunity to taste Blondie's in the past, but until now, have never considered making them myself.  I must admit that my first attempt was a flop, although my husband might tell you differently.  He thought that they were delicious, because the Blondie's were a little gooey in the center, just the way he likes them.  I must agree that they tasted great, but I simply was not satisfied with the texture.  Therefore, I had to alter the ingredients some more and because of that the second batch turned out just as I had hoped they would.

Candy Corn Blondie’s
Printer-Friendly Version

About 9 servings
Ingredients:
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
dash of salt
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup candy corn flavor M&M’s
A handful, or more, of chopped pecans (or any other type of nut)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and then dust with flour.  Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, set on a low speed, and fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the melted butter and sugar until well combined.  Keeping the mixer set to low, add in the egg and vanilla extract until just combined.

Next, add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.  Mix on low-medium speed until the ingredients are just combined.  If needed, stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl.  *The batter may be thick.* Using a spatula, gently fold in the M&M’s and pecans.

Pour the batter into the prepared 8x8 pan and spread out evenly.  Bake for about 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  When done, place on a wire rack to cool. 

Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or enjoy plain!


Adapted from: Simply Recipes

0 comments:

Post a Comment