RSS

Friday, February 10, 2012

Cakes, Cakes, and more Cakes........



Today's post is going to be a little different than my others.  I say this because I'm not including individual recipes of things that you need to make, but rather, I'll be sharing with you some pictures of my true passion.  Don't get me wrong though, I love experimenting with all different types of foods and flavor combinations, it's just that my heart really lies here; with baking and decorating cakes, cupcakes, and cookies!

With Valentine's Day and other special occasions coming at you throughout the year, it's time to think creatively and learn how to do it yourself!  For me, it all stemmed from summer boredom.  I know.....I know.....bored during summer?  Being a teacher though, I find that sometimes I have nothing to do, mostly because afternoon TVs just not for me.  Due to this, I decided I'd make my husband Jeff a birthday cake.  After experimenting with the cake, I was hooked, and everything else that I've done, both cooking and baking related, started that day.  I keep telling myself that one day I will take a cooking/cake decorating class, but for now I'll just stick to reading other people's food blogs and watch youtube.  This always seems to help whenever I might need it.

Here are some of my favorite cakes that I've made:

 Yellow cake, filled with a whipped chocolate ganache and then topped with ganache and chocolate covered strawberries

Strawberry Minnie Mouse birthday cake and cupcakes

Triceratops birthday cake

Strawberry daiquiri Victoria's Secret bachelorette cake

Fun zebra cake!

My personal favorite

Raspberry Lemonade cupcakes

Fireman hat

Fun floral cake

These are just a few highlights of the different cakes I've made.  I you want to see more, please feel free to check out and like my facebook page, "savory sweets by Jamie."

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment