RSS

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken


I can’t believe that it's already Memorial Day weekend!  This weekend is definitely one that can always put a smile on my face, mostly because it means many exciting things are about to come.  For one thing, our community pool is opening.  I  absolutely love spending my lazy summer afternoons at the pool (an upside to being a teacher).  Next, it means that school is almost done!  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my job and all, but I'm always ready for, and appreciate the break, which also means I have time for mini summer vacations.  Plus, Memorial Day means grilling out, boating, camping, bon fires, parties, etc.  My list could go on and on, but for now I’ll quit rambling.  I will say one more very important thing though, I never truly forget the real reason for this Holiday. Thank you to all the brave men and women who dedicate their lives to serving our country. You and your families are  all appreciated beyond words. 

I think that you'll enjoy today’s recipe because it's one that can easily be put together for a large Memorial Day crowd (just double the recipe) and also one that you don't have to spend all day in the kitchen making, which is especially nice if it's hot out.  Another upside to this recipe is that it’ll give you time to go out and enjoy an afternoon together with your family or friends! 

This recipe would also make a fantastic dish to take tailgating with you, because if your plans are like mine, they involve going to some sort of event, such as a NASCAR race. 


Slow Cooker Beer Chicken
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 bottle or can of your favorite beer
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried minced onions
Dash of ground cayenne red pepper

Directions:

Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. (Tip: Combine all the liquid and powders together in the slow cooker first and stir together, and then add the chicken in)
 
Enjoy!
 
Source: Slightly adapted from LaLoosh

0 comments:

Post a Comment