RSS

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baked Brie en Croute with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Pecan


Up until a few weeks ago, Brie was something that I'd seen pictures of online and in magazines, but never sampled.  It's not because I didn't want to try it either, but rather the opportunity never presented itself.  However, did you happen to notice that I said, "up until a few weeks ago."  Recently, while I was over at a friend's house for dinner, she presented brie as an appetizer.  Being a big fan, let me rephrase, a HUGE fan of cheese, I knew that I needed to try it.  One bite and I was completely hooked!

I wish that I had a better photo of this recipe to present to you, but I was running late for the party that I was taking it to.  Therefore, you will just have to believe me when I tell you that it's delicious!

Baked Brie en Croute with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Pecans
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp. bourbon
½ package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 round brie (13.2 ounce)
1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp. water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.  Using a sharp knife; cut the brie in half horizontally, in order to form two thinner discs. 

In a small bowl, stir together the light brown sugar, chopped pecans, and bourbon, until well combined.

Place the puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and using a rolling pin; gently roll out the fold lines.  Place half of the brie directly in the middle of the puff pastry sheet and top with part of the brown sugar mixture.  Top that with the other half of the brie and then add on what is left of the brown sugar mixture.  Wrap the pastry around the brie, making sure to pinch tightly at the top, in order to form a seal.  Place the brie onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.

Bake until the puff pastry has turned a nice golden color and appears crisp.  This will take about 35-45 minutes.  Allow the brie to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving platter. 

This appetizer goes great with crackers or apples!

Source: Adapted from Ezra Pound Cake

0 comments:

Post a Comment