RSS

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup


If the weather keeps warming up down here in North Carolina, it'll almost be time to stop making soup.  I guess that means I'd better take full advantage of what little time I have left.

With that being said, today's soup was inspired by a recipe that I happened to find while scrolling through Pinterest.  (And yes, my husband likes to inform me that the site is becoming a major addiction of mine; but at least he's the one reaping all the benefits)  Jeff and I have always been big fans of hamburgers on the grill, so when I first spotted the idea for a cheeseburger soup, I knew right away that it was something we needed to try! 

I did end up altering the recipe a little, and still think it could be altered some more, based on ones taste.  For example, I would have loved to add some ketchup and mustard to the beef as it was browning, or stir in some dill pickle relish, but I knew if I did that Jeff wouldn't have eaten it.  (He can be pretty picky when it comes to certain things, but I can't say too much because I know I'm the exact same way).  None the less, the soup turned out great!

Recommendation: Garnish with a little extra bacon bits, some shredded cheese, scallions, a a dash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce!

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Printer-FriendlyVersion

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 tsp. season salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Worchester sauce
1 (32 oz.) package reduced sodium chicken broth
28 oz. Velveeta Cheese
4 oz. Jalapeno Velveeta Cheese
1-2 cups, shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 package Philadelphia Cooking Crème
1 package Ore-Ida Hash Browns
1 package Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled


Directions:
In a medium to large skillet, over a medium heat, brown the ground beef.  While the beef is browning, add into the skillet the season salt, garlic powder, onion flakes, black pepper, and Worchester sauce.  Continue to brown the beef with the seasonings.  Once ready, drain the excess grease.

Now generously spray your slow cooker with a nonstick cooking spray and add in the chicken broth, seasoned beef, almost all the bacon crumbles (save some for garnish), the Velveeta cheeses, the cheddar cheese, Philadelphia cooking crème, and the hash browns.  Stir around until the ingredients are combined and then set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4-5 hours.  Be sure to periodically stir around.

 
Once the soup is ready, place it in a serving dish and garnish with a little extra shredded cheese, some bacon crumbles, scallions, and a little Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for some extra kick!  Enjoy!


 Adapted from Living Life of Riley

0 comments:

Post a Comment