RSS

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Funfetti Popcorn (Love Addiction)


Wow!  It's hard to believe that it's already February, which means Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  If I'm completely honest though, which I usually am, I was never a big fan of the so-called "holiday," mostly because I don't really care about receiving flowers (I know, shocker!), and if I want candy or chocolate, I feel that I could always just go out and buy some for myself.  Don't get me wrong though, I love the idea about celebrating love and relationships, and with all that being said, Valentine's Day will forever hold a special place in my heart, because it's the day that my husband Jeff, proposed to me.

Valentine's Day is also considered, by some, a holiday, and I love holidays!  Therefore, I'll decorate, make special Valentine's Day treats, and buy cards for those I hold most dear.  One particular treat I enjoy making is funfetti popcorn!  This recipe is so super easy to throw together, can easily be adapted to meet your tastes, and goes quickly; which means you don't have to worry about leftovers!  It's also great for any holiday; all you have to do is change up the sprinkle and m&m colors!    

Funfetti Popcorn (Love Addiction)
Printer-FriendlyVersion

Ingredients:
3 bags, 100-calorie butter flavor popcorn, popped
16 oz. white chocolate chips or baking squares (I use Ghirardelli)
½- ¾ a bag of Valentine’s Day M&M’s
1 cup square pretzels, broken into bite size pieces
Valentine’s sprinkles (optional)

Directions:
Empty the contents of the popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl, being careful not to include any un-popped kernels. 


Also add in the pretzel pieces and gently mix around.


Next, melt the white chocolate, according to package directions, and evenly pour over the popcorn.
 

Now, using a wooden spoon, gently stir together until the popcorn is evenly coated with the white chocolate.  Lastly, add in the m&m’s and sprinkles, then gently stir together once more.

After the popcorn is ready, place a piece of parchment paper on the kitchen counter, or another flat surface, and empty out the contents of the bowl. 
 
 
Make sure to spread the popcorn around to allow for even cooling.  Once the chocolate has completely hardened to the popcorn, it's ready to serve!  I promise that it'll go quickly, however, if you happen to have any leftovers, store in an airtight container.
 
 
Source: Adapted from Cooking Classy

0 comments:

Post a Comment