RSS

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Puffs


Chicken enchiladas are pretty much one of my all time favorite meals!  Ok, confession....I'm really a huge fan of any Mexican dish, as long as it's made well!  Unfortunately though, I don't always have time to make chicken enchiladas as detailed as I'd like to (I'll post my favorite chicken enchilada recipe soon).  Due to this I sometimes have to improvise, which is exactly what I did here.  The enchilada puffs turned out to be delicious, which is why I'm sharing the recipe, but they are definitely different from original enchiladas, if that's what you are looking for. 

I found that this recipe is perfect if you're short on time, plus, as an added bonus, they make for a great little snack or appetizer!

Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
15 white frozen Rhodes dinner rolls (thawed)
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
            -while the chicken cooked, I seasoned it with a dash of cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder and a little garlic powder.  I seasoned to our taste, this step is up to you.
1 can of enchilada sauce
1 jar of your favorite salsa (bought or homemade)
¼ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese for garnish

Directions:
Thaw the dinner rolls until they are no longer frozen.  (Don’t let rise)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.

First, flatten out the dinner rolls.  Then, directly in the middle of each roll place about a spoonful of salsa and enchilada sauce.  Add on about 2 tablespoons of chicken, and top with about a tablespoon of cheese.  Pull the sides of the dough up and around the ingredients and pinch closed so that the ingredients don’t fall out while baking.

Place the prepared puffs, sealed side down, onto the prepared baking pan.  Spread on some more of the enchilada sauce and garnish with desired amount of extra cheese.

Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the puffs have turned a nice golden brown color and are puffy in appearance.  Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.  Serve with extra salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.  Enjoy!
 
 
Source: Six Sister's Stuff

0 comments:

Post a Comment