RSS

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Round-em' Up Cowboy Lasagna


Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful dads, soon to be dads, and grandpas out there, especially my own!  I may be a little bias, but I have to say it......My dad's the BEST dad ever and I owe him so incredibly much!  Thanks to him I had a fantastic childhood and life so far!  Not only did he always make my sisters and me feel loved and special (yes, he was the only boy in a house with 4 girls), but he constantly worked hard to support all of us and even put my sisters and me through school, just so that we'd have no debt when we started life on our own. 

My dad has definitely had a major impact on the person I am today, and for that, I will forever be grateful.  I'm positive that there were times I tested his sanity, but I always knew that I could count on him to be there for me whenever I needed.  My dad always wanted and still wants what's best for me in life.  I really just wish that he lived closer, so I could see him more and show him how thankful I am to have such a dedicated, loyal, and caring father.  Happy Father's Day Dad!  You are loved beyond words.

So, due to the fact that it's Father's Day, I felt a manly meal was in order.  Here goes......


Round-em’ Up Cowboy Lasagna
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 TBSP. minced onions
Worcestershire sauce – season to your liking (generous sprinkle)
Dash of garlic powder (no more than 1 tsp.)
3 TBSP. parsley, divided
2 Tsp. ground mustard
1 can tomato soup (10 ¾ oz.)
1 can corn (15 oz.)
1 bag of Tator Tots (32 oz.)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13” baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray, set aside.

In a large skillet set over a medium heat, brown the lean ground beef with the minced onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and half the parsley.  Once the meat is no longer pink, drain the grease.  Place the meat back into the skillet and add in the ground mustard, soup, and corn.  Stir around the ingredients until they’re well blended and then let simmer for 10 minutes.

To assemble:
Evenly cover the bottom of the baking dish with a single layer of tator tots.  Sprinkle on your desired amount of the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese, and then evenly spread on the meat and corn mixture.  Top the dish with more mozzarella and cheddar cheese, then garnish with parsley.

Place the dish in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tator tots are cooked through.  Once ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. 
 
Adapted from Peppermint Mocha Mama

0 comments:

Post a Comment