RSS

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Berry Spinach Salad


With the dog days of summer upon us, I wanted to take just a minute to share a delicious salad recipe that I've enjoyed many times throughout the summer.

The ingredients for this salad came together in July, when I was up in Michigan visiting my grandma.  One afternoon, she asked me if I would please go to Wendy's for her and get her a particular salad for lunch.  Boy, was that ever a sight to see!  (For those of you who know me, I don't eat fast food, and I haven't personally ordered from a drive through in about 4 or more years.  I actually had to laugh at myself as I spoke to the person over the loud speaker, because I had no clue what the menu items were called.  Therefore, I had to describe the salad she wanted.)  Regardless, I ended up with the correct salad and drove it back to her house. 

After she removed the salad from the Wendy's bag, and I took a look at it, I decided that the idea sounded delicious and that I wanted one too.  However, I don't eat out and I also thought that the salad was lacking a couple ingredients that would liven it up!  Due to this, I decided the next day that I would make my grandma and me a homemade version of a summer berry salad, incorporating some different ingredients.  Here's the result:

Summer Berry Spinach Salad
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
Grilled Chicken
Spinach
Avocado
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Red Onion (Strawberry onion would be best, but difficult to find)
Pecans or toasted almond slices
Sugar free Raspberry Vinaigrette

Directions:
Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl or on a plate, and serve.  Wait to put the dressing on the salad until last.

There are no specific measurements for the ingredients.  It’s a personal preference, depending on how large you want to make the salad.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment