RSS

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Beer Cheese Dip


Super Bowl Sunday is officially here, and it's never too late to run out and get some last minute ingredients for those tasty party snacks.  For those of you having people over, I know exactly how it goes, because this is the first Super Bowl in the past few years, that we've not thrown a party.  To be honest, I'm kind of excited about it, although I also find it to be bittersweet.  I really do enjoy having friends over because it's always a good time, but with being out of town this week, and then coming home to make a cake, I'm pretty beat and am actually looking forward to a quiet and relaxing Sunday.

However, if I were hosting a party, I'd definitely be making this addicting and delicious beer cheese dip.  Not only is it a quick and easy recipe to follow, but it's also flavorful and is guaranteed to be a hit.  This dip went very quickly when I originally made it back in December (for our ugly sweater Christmas party) and I even ended up passing out the recipe to a few friends.

It goes great with mini pretzels, but you could also dip chips in it as well, or spread it on crackers.

Beer Cheese Dip
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
ngredients:ndly Version
4-8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat and it was still delicious)
2/3 cup beer (I used Yuengling)
2 envelopes Hidden Valley Original Ranch packets
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese

To Dip:
Pretzels
Crackers
Chips

Directions:
In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, beer, and ranch packets until smooth and creamy in appearance.

After that, stir in the cheese.  I turned the hand held mixer to a lower speed and combined it that way.


You could serve the dip right away, but its best if you cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.  That way the flavors have time to combine.  You could also make this dip a day or so ahead of time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment