RSS

Monday, January 27, 2014

Slow Cooked Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin


Once again, I've been keeping myself busy.  This time, I spent the weekend painting our upstairs guest bathroom, which meant that I didn't have a lot of time to cook.  For me, this is just one reason I think that crock pot meals are the absolute best!  I love that all you have to do is toss the ingredients into the pot and then walk away to do other things, but you'll still always end up with a great meal!



I was excited too, to finally use my crock pot again; mostly because I just discovered these easy clean up liners. 

How did I never know that such a product existed until now?  The liners definitely would have saved me a lot of time and energy scraping the sides of my pot to get it clean.  They really did make cleaning up a snap.  I highly recommend picking up a pack or two for yourself!



Now, back to the recipe.  This pork tenderloin is so easy to prepare and comes out both sweet and delicious.  By the time the pork's finished cooking, the meat's so tender that it literally just falls apart with your fork; meaning no knife is needed to eat it.



Enjoy!

Slow Cooked Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
2 lb. pork tenderloin
1 tsp. rosemary
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup water
½ cup light brown sugar (could use splenda brown sugar)
1 TBSP. cornstarch
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup water
2 TBSP. reduced sodium soy sauce

Directions:
In a small dish, mix together the seasonings to form a rub; rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic.

Prepare the slow cooker by placing in the liner, or spraying the sides with a non-stick cooking spray.  Add in ½ cup of water.

Rub the spices over the pork tenderloin, and place it in the slow cooker with the ½ cup of water.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-5. (I cooked mine for a little over 4 hours and it was perfect)

About an hour before the tenderloin is done cooking, prepare the glaze.

In a small sauce pan set over a medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water, and soy sauce.  Let heat up until the ingredients are well combined and the sauce begins to thicken.  DO NOT let it boil; reduce the heat if needed.

Once the sauce thickens, brush it over the tenderloin 2-3 times during the last hour of cooking.

When the tenderloin is done, place it on a baking sheet, spread on a little more glaze and place it in the oven, set to broil.  This will help give the glaze that caramelized texture.  Keep an eye on the tenderloin during this process; it may take 3-5 minutes.  When it’s done, place the pork on a serving tray and pour over the remainder of the glaze.


I almost forgot that I have one more thing to add to today's post......So I decided today that I'm going to drive down to Disney World to visit my sister Shannon for a few days before she gets back on her cruise ship.  Before I go though, I wanted to share with you all the workout calendar I created for February.  I'm sorry that January's calendar never made it up, but feel free to join me this upcoming month!


0 comments:

Post a Comment