RSS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chicken with a Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce

Chicken with a Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce
Printer-Friendly Version


I LOVE chicken!  It is definitely my favorite meat, and I could easily eat it every night.  I also like variation though, so I’m always on the look out for new chicken recipes.  I was extremely excited when I discovered this particular recipe, because I was short on time and I already had all the ingredients I would need. 

Due to the fact that the last Dijon chicken I made was such a big hit, (even though my husband hates mustard) I decided to give this recipe a try.  Once again, it was a HUGE success.  The chicken not only came out of the skillet tender and juicy, but the creamy mustard sauce added a very nice flavor.  The other great thing about this recipe is that you can choose to serve it with any side dish that appeals to you.  For example, I served mine with broccoli and string beans, while my husband had his over a pile of brown rice.  Both ways were delicious! 

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons
Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano


Directions:
Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  While the oil is warming, season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.  Next, add the chicken to the skillet and sauté until it is cooked through (about 10-15 minutes, flipping once).  Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm.  Slowly pour the chicken broth into the hot skillet.  Gently whisk in the cream, mustard and oregano.  Turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes while constantly stirring.  Now, pour the sauce over chicken and serve.  Enjoy!

Source: From Let's Dish

0 comments:

Post a Comment