RSS

Monday, March 25, 2013

30-Day Paleo Challenge: Day 2

                                                        I have not gone hungry yet!


Day 2 was another successful day of Paleo eating!  In fact, I actually cut out a portion of the snack I'd planned for, due to the fact that I wasn't hungry.  Other then that, I stuck to the original meal plan I'd created.  Now, if I could just add exercise back into my routine, I'd be ecstatic!  Unfortunately though, after a long day at school, and a lot of walking around, my leg injury seems to be acting up again.  I find it to be somewhat discouraging, but ultimately I'm not giving up hope that it'll feel better soon.

Cravings: The unhealthy food cravings were a little less intense today, but I'll admit that wanted some tortilla chips, with cheese, when I arrived home from school.  This use to be my typical snack, (I love cheese) but I'm hoping that after a few days the cravings will be gone.  Instead of snacking, I turned my attention to gum!  Specifically, Extras Mint Chocolate Chip gum, which I swear is a lifesaver!

Menu for Day 2:

Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Chicken Hash
Lunch: 1 1/2 - 2 cups, leftover Pork Loin with Veggies
Snack: 2 oz. shredded chicken with 100 calorie pack of almonds
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken, steamed broccoli, spinach salad with sunflower seeds and a tsp. of  balsamic vinegar


Apple Cinnamon Chicken Hash
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1 tsp. olive oil
4-5 oz. leftover chicken (shredded)
1 granny smith apple
2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1-2 tsp. water

Directions:
Head the olive oil in a medium saucepan and add in the leftover chicken.  Slice the apple into thin strips and add to the chicken in the saucepan.  Sprinkle in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and water.  Stir around until well combined, cover, and cook on a low-medium heat until the apples become tender.  Make sure to continue to stir frequently, so that the food doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan.  The process only takes a matter of a few minutes.  Serve warm!

Source: Heavily adapted from The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet

0 comments:

Post a Comment