RSS

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

30-Day Paleo Challenge: Day 4


I typically find that if I can make it past the third day, when it comes to any food challenge, it seems to become somewhat easier.  It's probably all mental though, but I can truly say that most of my cravings are completely gone by this point.  I even made my white chocolate macadamia nut scones recipe last night. (For Jeff, of course.  I can't have him starve while I'm out of town).  I'm also currently in the process of making Monster Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies.  The old me would have sampled some of the batter by now.......ok, when I say some, I really mean sampled quite a bit.  However, I'm completely determined this time to change how I eat, so I can honestly, and proudly say, that I didn't even lick the little bit of batter that got on my finger.  Instead, I used a napkin and wiped it off.  I even turned down a donut from my favorite store at school today.  Now I know that that may not sound like a big deal to most of you, but you have no idea how much I LOVE sweets!  I get it from my dad.  Thanks dad!

Needless to say, I had another successful day following my meal plan for the week!  I'm currently feeling great, health wise, and even though I haven't been able to exercise yet, (I can't wait until I can) I've already noticed that my pants fit a little better, and according to my measuring tape, I've lost a couple inches around my legs, waist and hips!  That's definitely motivation to keep going!

Menu for Day 4:

Breakfast: 4 oz. chicken and 1/2 avocado
Lunch: Leftover stir fry from day 3
Snack: 7 thin slices deli ham (Oscar Meyer) and a handful of macadamia nuts
Dinner: Turkey burger, 1/2 avocado, spinach

I DID NOT EAT!  THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT A PART OF THE CHALLENGE, THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY, AND THEY WERE NOT FOR ME!  (Although I'm sure they're delicious and was informed that they were)


Monster Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients: Makes about
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup old fashioned oats
½ cup peanut butter chips
½ cup milk chocolate chips
Reese’s Pieces mini candies (1 bag)
Reese’s Pieces (normal size)

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together, on a medium-high speed, until fluffy, the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter.  Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.  Pour in the vanilla, and combine.

With the mixer set to a low speed, slowly pour in the dry ingredient, and mix until just combined.  It is important not to over beat.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in the oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips, plus the whole bag of Reese’s Pieces mini candies.  Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes.  While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper.

Using the wooden spoon, scoop out about three TBSP. worth of dough and place it on the prepared baking sheet.  Press down the dough down until it’s in a disc shape, about ½ inch to 1 inch thick.  Add on, and press down a handful of normal size Reese’s Pieces.  Bake, six at a time, for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn a nice golden brown.

Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before transferring the cookies.  Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
 
 
Source: Slightly adapted from Lemon-Sugar

0 comments:

Post a Comment