RSS

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Marinara Sauce


One thing that we can never have too much of around my house is marinara sauce.  I seem to use it as a topping on a wide variety of foods ranging from pizzas, pasta dishes, and chicken.  It also makes for a fantastic dipping sauce.  Needless to say, my husband and I can devour a store bought bottle pretty quickly.  That is why I decided to attempt making it from scratch.  When I discovered just how easy and delicious it actually was, I decided that I would never go back to buying it.

Marinara Sauce
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
12 oz. can tomato paste
1 ½ cups tomato sauce
1 tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. basil
¼ tsp. Italian seasoning

Directions:
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the tomato paste and the tomato sauce and cook until it begins to simmer.  Now, add all the dry ingredients into the tomato sauce and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.  Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 35-50 minutes.  Stir occasionally.

Remove the pan from heat and use right away, or (once cool) store in airtight containers.

Source:  Adapted from Ehow Food 

0 comments:

Post a Comment