RSS

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anyone Can Make It, Peach Cobbler


All summer long I have been craving peach cobbler.  I found this wonderful recipe that I wanted to try out, but the only trouble was that every time I went to the grocery store, I could never find good peaches to use.  Deep down I knew that I could always use canned peaches, but being summer, I was in the mood to use fresh ones. 

This past weekend, on my weekly trip to the grocery store, I couldn't help but notice all the fresh peaches that were in stock.  Right away I knew that I needed to pick some up and am very glad that I did!  The result was extremely delicious and made for some fantastic afternoon and evening snacks.

Anyone Can Make It, Peach Cobbler
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
5-7 large peaches, sliced (if desired, you can use canned)
1 Tbsp. sugar
16-20 oz. homemade yellow cake mix (yellow boxed cake mix will work too)
8 Tbsp. butter, chilled
½ can of Fresca (sprite or 7-up will work)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Lightly spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.  Layer the peaches on the bottom of the baking dish and gently dust with the sugar.  Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the peaches and scatter the pieces of butter over the top.  Open a can of Fresca and pour half of it over the peaches, cake mix, and butter.  Help yourself to the rest, as I am sure you are thirsty!

Place the cobbler in the oven, and bake for around 45 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.  Remove from oven and serve warm.  Feel free to top with vanilla ice cream!


Slightly Adapted from: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment