RSS

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles and a Spicy Almond Butter Sauce

(I would just like to start off today by saying that if you haven't tried Soba noodles yet, you MUST!  They are absolutely delicious and very filling.  I'm already planning to go out and pick up another pack!)


I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but I have been trying really hard to eat healthy lately, even though I may slip up more than I care to admit.  Therefore, I've been planning on trying this recipe for some time now, but was having a difficult time finding Soba noodles.  (I recently discovered that they are a Japanese noodle and therefore are found in the oriental section of my local grocery store, and not with the rest of the noodles like I originally thought.)

Now that I've found Soba Noodles, and discovered just how delicious they are, I'm already thinking of new recipes that I could make to incorporate them!
 
Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles and a Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
Printer-Friendly Version

Serves 4
Ingredients:
8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 ½ cups broccoli florets
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
4 scallions, sliced thinly
½ cup almond slices
Extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Almond Butter Sauce:
3 Tbsp. almond butter
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce

Directions:
Bring a large pot, half full of water, to a boil, and add in a dash of salt and olive oil.  Gently add the soba noodles and let cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.  Drain, cool with water, and set aside.

Heat a dash of olive oil in a wok, over medium-high heat.  Then, add in the cabbage, red pepper, and broccoli, sautéing for 5 minutes.  Now, add the garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached.

Remove the vegetables from the heat and add in the soba noodles, scallions, sliced almonds, and red pepper flakes.  Toss together until well combined.

To make the sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, water, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.  Pour over the stir-fry and toss together until well coated.

Serve immediately and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment