RSS

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Doritos Chicken Casserole Supreme


It's been awhile since my last post, but life's been incredibly busy and stressful.  Work's just been overwhelming, and it seems like I've had no time to do anything that I enjoy, including cooking.  Lately, dinners have just been, "what can I find in the pantry tonight?" which is definitely frustrating to me, mostly because cooking is one of my major passions, other than of course, working out.

Therefore, after a lot of debating, I've decided to make a life change and leave the teaching profession.  Turning in my 30 days notice was probably the hardest decision that I've ever made, and yet the easiest at the same time.  For those of you who read my blog, and are teachers, I'm sure you understand why I did it.  I'll truly miss all of my students, both past and present, because they really have become a part of who I am as a person.  I know that I taught them many things, but in reality they also taught me.  In addition to my students, I'll also miss my actual "job", because I honestly love teaching.  The reality and the sad thing is though, that we, as teachers, hardly ever get to do our actual job.  Instead, we're expected to do so many other things that take us away from the actual teaching portion of the job.  As of this moment, I'm not really sure what's next for me, but for the next few months or so I'm just going to focus on what I love to do, cook, bake, travel, and exercise.

On that note, I'm excited to share a delicious new recipe!  I used enchilada supreme flavor Doritos for this recipe, and they were delicious, but I think it may have just been a special limited time flavor, so please note that any type of Doritos would work well with this casserole!

Doritos Chicken Casserole Supreme
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I season with just a little chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder while cooking)
8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups salsa or 1 can Hot Rotel
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, or fiesta blend
1 bag of Doritos Jacked Enchilada Supreme (or nacho cheese flavor)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 9x13” baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.

Crush the entire bag of Doritos into pieces and evenly sprinkle the pieces across the bottom of the baking dish. 
 
 
In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, salsa or Rotel, corn, black beans, about a cup of the cheese.  Once the ingredients are well combined, pour the mixture over the crushed Doritos.  Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Source: Adapted from Plain Chicken

0 comments:

Post a Comment