RSS

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Truffle Brownies, with a Kiss


I absolutely love that Autumn's in full swing and that I can take advantage of fall baking.  I'm one who likes to eat with my eyes though, and hardly ever devours what I make.  Usually I'll only sample a small bite or two, because I really do try to eat healthy.  This can be incredibly difficult at times though, because I know how much I love sweets.  To some, this information may be a little shocking, especially looking at the recipes I post; but hey, I'm married and my husband is not a fan of "rabbit food".  However, now that I have time again, some more of my healthier recipes may start to make an appearance.  Today's recipe though, is NOT one of them!

Be warned that these pumpkin spice truffle brownies, with a kiss, are extremely rich, but absolutely delicious!  And yes, I caved and sampled a bite or two, how could I not?  Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kisses are one of my favorites and they only come around once a year!

Pumpkin Spice Truffle Brownies with a Kiss
Printer-Friendly Version

Servings – about 12-16, depending on size
Ingredients:
Truffle Brownies:
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
6 oz. butter
3 eggs
1 ½ cups light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda

Pumpkin Kiss Ganache:
1 bag (10 oz.) Hersey’s Pumpkin Kisses
½ cup heavy cream

Dark Chocolate Ganache:
4 oz. dark chocolate (I used a little more)
5 TBSP. butter
1 ½ tsp. light corn syrup

Directions:
For the Truffle Brownies:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8x8” square baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray; set aside.  Melt the chocolate and butter together.  In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, espresso powder, salt and baking soda.

Now, in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the eggs and sugar until the eggs have begun to thicken and turn lighter in color.  This may take 2-3 minutes.  Once ready, mix in the vanilla and then pour in the melted chocolate/butter mixture.  Also add in the flour mixture and lightly beat until just combined.  Pour the batter into the baking pan and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes, rotating halfway through.  (FYI – The brownies will sink back down some as they cool)

Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool completely, on a wire rack, before adding on the layers of ganache.

Pumpkin Kiss Ganache:
Bring the heavy cream to a gently boil, and then pour over the Hersey Kisses.  Allow the mixture to sit for about 30 seconds and then stir together until completely smooth.  Let the ganache sit until slightly cooled and then pour the mixture over the completely cooled brownies.  Refrigerate until hardened, this may take an hour or two.

Chocolate Ganache:
Melt the butter and chocolate together (you may do this in the microwave or over the stovetop).  Once ready, stir in the light corn syrup and then pour over the brownies and the pumpkin kiss ganache.  Now, place the brownies back into the refrigerator until the chocolate ganache has hardened and you are ready to serve them.

To serve:
Once ready to enjoy, cut though the brownies with a clean, hot knife.  Top each piece with a Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kiss and enjoy!


Source: Buttercream Blondie

0 comments:

Post a Comment