RSS

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kale Salad


Yesterday was a success!  I definitely stuck to my goal of healthy eating.  My husband, Jeff, even came home with a box of decadent Ghirardelli chocolates, that were given to him as a gift, and he asked me if I wanted one.  This was super nice of him to ask, but I proudly said, "No, I'm dedicated to focusing on nutrition and healthy eating." 

I know that I can't, and won't, go back to my old mindset that would have told me, it's ok....have one tiny square, what harm could it do.  So, even though it might not seem like a big deal that I turned down the chocolate, I'm still proud of myself.  It shows me that I'm taking steps in the right direction, mostly due to the fact that I know how much I enjoy chocolate.

Let's get to today's post though.........

This recipe, which is one for kale salad, is actually one that was given to me by my personal trainers.  I'd consider it to be more of a side item, but it could easily be a meal; especially if you eat as much of it as I do.  I absolutely love, and am completely addicted to this stuff.  It's very inexpensive to make too and only takes a few minutes to prepare!  Win, win!  So grab a fork, and enjoy!

Kale Salad
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
Kale (as much as you would like)
Olive oil
Lemon
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cut the kale into whatever size pieces you’d prefer.  I, personally, like to chop mine up pretty small.  Once it’s ready, place the cut kale into a bowl, then drizzle in some olive oil; about just enough to lightly coat the kale.

Now, cut a lemon in half and squeeze half of the lemon juice over the kale and olive oil.  Next, sprinkle in a desired amount of Parmesan cheese.

Toss the salad together and taste.

This salad is entirely up to you.  If you think it needs more olive oil, add some.  If you think it needs more cheese, add some.  I think you get the idea. 

***Tip***It’s easy to add more of the ingredients, but not remove them.  Therefore, start off with a little, and continue to add more if you think it needs it. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment