RSS

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf


I'm a huge fan of Chicken Parmesan, so when I happened to discover this recipe for Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf I knew it was something I needed to try.  You see, before today I'd never tasted meatloaf; mostly because the thought of it completely grossed me out (even though I honestly couldn't tell you why).  After today though, I arrived at the conclusion that I shouldn't have avoided it for so long.  I guess we all make mistakes at some point in our lives.  I am aware however, that this recipe does not follow the traditional version of meatloaf, but I'm more likely to give that a try now.  This dish was definitely addicting!

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Printer-FriendlyVersion

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken (I use reduced fat)
1 egg
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, grated
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup pasta sauce (I use Prego flavored with meat)
½ cup – 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Garnish: minced parsley

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and the Parmesan cheese.  Using your hands mix the ingredients together until well blended.  Scoop the mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly across the bottom until a loaf is formed.  Top the meatloaf with the pasta sauce.

Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.  Remove the meatloaf from the oven and top with the Italian cheese blend.  Place the meatloaf back in the oven and continue baking for 10-15 or until the cheese has melted.  Turn the oven onto broil and continue cooking for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has reached a desired consistency.  (I like mine a little crispy).  Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.  Garnish with the minced parsley.


0 comments:

Post a Comment