RSS

Monday, March 12, 2012

Jalapeno Buffalo Chicken Bites


Buffalo chicken is kind of a secret obsession of mine, mostly because I absolutely love the flavor combination!  I find that I'm always on the lookout for an excuse to make buffalo chicken dip, so when I happened to stumble upon a recipe for buffalo chicken bites, I knew right away that I needed to try it.  As a bonus, I already had most of the ingredients on hand, except for the corn flakes, which of course I immediately went out to purchase. 

These little round bites are like a gift from heaven, and definitely something I see myself making time and time again.

Jalapeno Buffalo Chicken Bites
Printer-FriendlyVersion

Ingredients:
3 cups chicken, shredded (or canned)
1/2 cup hot sauce, (I use Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce)
3 ½ oz., 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1-2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3-4 cups corn flake cereal, crushed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Place the flour in a shallow dish, place the eggs in a small bowl, and place the crushed corn flakes in yet another shallow dish, then set aside.

In a large bowl, add in the shredded chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers.  Mix together, until well combined, with either a wooden spoon or a hand held mixer, set to a medium speed. 

Roll about a tablespoon, or so, of the mixture into a 1 ½ inch ball and set aside.  Continue this process until the remaining mixture has been all used.  Once the buffalo chicken balls are ready, dip each one first into the flour, then into the egg, and end by coating with the corn flakes.  Place onto prepared baking sheet and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Remove from oven and serve warm.  Goes great with a side of ranch dressing!


Source: Adapted from Sweet Pea's Kitchen

0 comments:

Post a Comment