RSS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coconut, White Chocolate Chip, and Macadamia Nut Cookies, Topped with Coconut M&M's

Lately, I have found myself craving coconut and have fallen in love with the coconut flavored m&m’s.  When I think of coconuts, I visualize tropical regions, which leads me to think of macadamia nuts, which therefore causes my mind to wander to one of my favorite cookies; the white chocolate chip with macadamia nut.  Even saying the name by itself makes me long for a batch.  To me, this is an example of cookie perfection. 


So why try to mess with a good thing?  Well…..I have made this cookie time and time again, and as much as I love it, I felt the need to spice it up.  Don’t get me wrong, I will still make my scrumptious white chocolate chip with macadamia nut cookies, but at least for this batch, I decided to make a change or two.  For one thing, I felt the need to add shredded coconut to the batter, and for the other, I decided that I would top each cookie with coconut flavored m&m's.  Yum!  Either way you choose to make these cookies (either the original way or the modified way), I'm sure they will turn out delectable.


Coconut, White Chocolate Chip, and Macadamia Nut Cookies, Topped with Coconut M&M’s
Printer-FriendlyVersion

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened                           -----
1 ½ cups sugar                                    
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract                                          Original
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour                                    Recipe
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts           -----

¾ cup shredded coconut
1 bag coconut m&m’s

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.

In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla, making sure to scrap down the side of the bowl as needed.

In a separate, medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Whisk together.

With the mixer on a low-medium speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined.  Finally, stir or beat in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.  (STOP!!!  Make sure to stop here if you would just like white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies.)  Otherwise….Don’t forget to stir in the shredded coconut. 

Now, using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto already lined baking sheets, making sure to leave about a 1”-2” space between the cookies.  Top each ball of dough with as many coconut m&m’s as you desire. 


Bake for 7-9 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.  Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container.

Source: Slightly adapted from Annie's Eats

0 comments:

Post a Comment