RSS

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Seasoned Potato Packets on the Grill


Even though I may be heading back to school tomorrow, I still consider it summer.  Temperatures may also have cooled off slightly, compared to what it was a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean I feel like standing over my stove or oven to cook (unless of course my craving for something sweet kicks in).  What this means, is that my husband and I will continue making the most of our outdoor grill.  So many wonderful possibilities of what to make!  I can't wait! 

One thing that I really enjoy as a side item though, when we cook pretty much anything on the grill, is potatoes.  Don't get me wrong, french fries are great, but sometimes I prefer roasted potatoes.  Seeing that I don't want to stand over my stove and boil water, or turn on the oven to a high temperature, I decided to try out this foil packet recipe I found.  It's so easy!  All you have to do is toss the potatoes (any kind you prefer) into the foil, place the individual packets on the grill, and allow the heat from the grill to bake the potatoes.  Not only do the potatoes turn out soft and flavorful, but everyone gets their own individual packets! 

Seasoned Potato Packets on the Grill
Printer-Friendly Version

Serves 4-6
Ingredients:
8 small red potatoes, diced (or potato of your choice)
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Dash of Lawry’s seasoning
Dash of Italian seasoning
(Feel free to add any other desired seasonings)

Directions:
Add the potatoes and onion (optional), in a medium size bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil.  Season with the salt, pepper, Lawry’s, Italian seasoning and any other spices you desire.  Stir with a wooden spoon until the potatoes are well coated.

Tear off 8-12 pieces of foil, making sure that they are large enough to wrap around ¼ of the potatoes.  Place two sheets of foil on top of each other to create a double layer, resulting in 4-6 sets of foil packets.  Spray the tops of the foil with cooking spray and start layering the potato mixture in the middle of each double-layer foil set.  Gently fold the foil over the potatoes and twist the edges to form a seal.

Turn the grill to a medium heat and place the packets directly on the heating surface for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.


Caution:  The steam will be very hot when you go to open the packets, so be careful!

Source: Pennies on a Platter

0 comments:

Post a Comment