RSS

Monday, August 8, 2011

Slow-Cooker Mexican Pulled Chicken Tacos

I'm so excited!  My new camera finally arrived today!  I have never owned a camera like this before and therefore have a lot to learn about all the different features, but I just had to try it out.  I made slow-cooker Mexican pulled chicken tacos for dinner and attempted to use my new camera for the photos.  Here is how the image turned out.  Not bad for my first attempt.


Oh yeah.....I almost forgot to say that the tacos were delicious, which is why I'm sharing this recipe.  The chicken turned out very moist, which made it incredibly easy to shred and the flavoring was great!

Slow-Cooker Mexican Pulled Chicken Tacos
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. salt
3 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:
Spray your slow cooker with PAM and then place the chicken on the bottom.  In a small bowl combine the remainder of the ingredients and whisk together until well blended.  Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.  Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  When done cooking, shred the chicken using two forks and pulling in opposite directions.  Serve in warm tortillas, and top with whatever ingredients you desire.

Source: Can You Stay for Dinner

0 comments:

Post a Comment