RSS

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Homemade Magic Shell

A friend of mine recently told me about this awesome website called stumbleupon.com.  Now that she has, I have to admit that I'm kind of addicted to it.  Especially when I have nothing to do!  The purpose of the website is to navigate you to other websites that contain topics that you are interested in, but might not otherwise have known were out there.  All you have to do, in order to get started, is check off things that you're interested in based on the categories provided.  Then you just have to click the "stumble" button. It's that easy!  The website will do the rest for you, by automatically popping up other websites and blogs that relate to your interests.

So, you might be wondering why exactly I'm telling you about this website.  It's how I happened to "stumble" across a recipe for magic shell.  I have to say that I am a huge fan of ice cream and all the toppings that go along with it.  I know that homemade ice cream is always the best, but as I was walking through the grocery store yesterday, I noticed that ALL Bryers ice cream was buy 2, get 3 for FREE!  Who could resist such a fantastic offer?  Not me, that's for sure!  Sooooooo many delicious flavors were calling to me, but my husband and I decided on our top five and I figured that this would be the perfect time to try out the new magic shell recipe I had stumbled upon.  I knew that the recipe would definitely make more than a little store bought container, but that is fine because I have plenty of ice cream to put it on! 

I'll admit that I was a little sketical of this recipe at first, seeing that there were only 2 ingredients called for, but to my surprise it turned out great and hardened up exactly the way that it should.  I will definitely be making this again and again, and also experimenting by adding different flavors.

Here is what you will need:

That's all!!

Homemade Magic Shell

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut oil (must be the hard kind, not the oily kind)
2 cups chocolate
dash of salt (optional)

Feel free to incorporate any extract flavors you want.  I think next time I might experiment by melting in some peanut butter!

*For an 8 oz jar use 90g coconut oil and 135g chocolate*

Directions:
In a small or medium saucepan melt the coconut oil over a very low heat.  Slowly stir in the chocolate until completely melted and well blended. 


 Here is where you could add in a dash of salt or any other flavors that you desire! 

Now, serve over your favorite ice cream!


 Store your homemade magic shell in a mason jar or squeeze bottle with cap.  In warmer climates the magic shell with remain in the liquid state and in cooler weather it may begin to solidify.  If this is the case, just microwave it for a few seconds until it becomes a liquid again.  Do NOT store in the refrigerator!

0 comments:

Post a Comment