RSS

Friday, April 5, 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge: Day 12 and 13


I can't believe that I'm almost halfway through my challenge and still going strong.  To be honest, I really thought that I'd have had a minor slip by now, but I haven't (not even a small bite, or sip of anything that I shouldn't).  Yesterday was awfully tempting too, because I chose to go out to eat with some girlfriends and each of them ordered an afternoon drink (Hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere).  One ordered a scrumptious looking mudslide (my favorite) and the other one ordered a refreshing looking mango margarita.  Yum!  I can't lie either; I definitely wanted a sip, but I knew that if I had one sip it would eventually lead me to wanting another, and then it'd just go completely down hill from there. 

Over time I've slowly discovered that when it comes to my eating habits, that's my biggest problem.  I tell myself that I'll just have a single bite, or take a tiny sip of something small, and then, before I know it, a whole bag of chocolate, (dark Dove is my favorite) or a large beverage, of some sort, is completely gone.  I'm very well aware that I can lose self-control sometimes, but at least I can admit it, and am currently working on addressing the issue in order to ensure that it won't happen again.

As far as my food intake over the last few days is concerned, I've 100% stuck to the Paleo lifestyle.  I'd really like to be able to share some new recipes today, but once again, with me being on spring break and being away from home, I've not really been able to cook or stick to a specific daily menu.  Here's a list of some foods I've been eating though and incorporating into my meals:

Breakfast Items:
Chicken bites (just cooked in a skillet)
Omelet (with cubed ham and spinach)
1/2 an avocado

Lunch Items:
Chicken brat
Salad (chicken, ham, spinach, zucchini)
Red and Green Peppers

Snacks:
Almonds                   Strawberries              Zucchini
Walnuts                     Blueberries
Beef Jerky                 Apples
Snow Peas                Gum

Dinner Items:
Salad (spinach, avocado, chicken, pear)
Rotisserie chicken
Fruit salad (pear, oranges, grapes, kiwi)
Turkey
Oriental turkey lettuce wraps

I'm positive that I've left a couple food items off this list, but I really can't remember what they are.  Thinking back over the last few days too, and looking at the lists, I really need to cut back on my fruit intake.  I know that it's good for you, but I feel that I've had too much of it this week, especially seeing I still cannot work out.  In fact, my injury seems to be hurting a little more then it was.  I really just need to take it easy for a few days and slow down when I walk (walking fast seems to make it worse) but I just hate to walk slow.  I'm determined to get better though.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment