RSS

Monday, April 29, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

When I first saw this recipe for a loaded baked potato dip, I knew right away that I needed to make it!  Not only are loaded baked potatoes absolutely delicious, but dips are so quick and easy to toss together (especially if one is short on time).  In addition to this, they make a great side item or appetizer, which you can always serve at any party or function, no matter the time of year. 

I specifically made this dip for a get together/party that I went to on Saturday evening, and I'd have to say it was a hit!  The recipe actually turned out better than I was expecting (I ended up altering some of the ingredients) and I can definitely see myself making it again in the very near future!  So grab a bag of your favorite potato chips and enjoy!


Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Printer-Friendly Version

Makes about 4 cups
Ingredients:
16 oz. sour cream
3 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
16 slices (12 oz. package) bacon, cooked and crumbled (save a little for garnish)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus a little more for garnish
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
2 Tsp. Lowry’s seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
Place all the ingredients into a medium size bowl and using a hand mixer, beat on a medium to low speed until well combined.  Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.  This allows the flavors time to blend. 

Garnish with extra bacon, cheese, and scallions.  Serve with your favorite potato chips!
 
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

0 comments:

Post a Comment