RSS

Monday, April 15, 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge: Day 23 (Bavarian Meatball Sub in the Slow Cooker)

23


First off, being a runner myself, let me start today's post by expressing my sympathy for the runners' and the city of Boston.  They are definitely in my, and pretty much all of our thoughts and prayers.

So today offically marks day 23, which means there are only 7 days left!  I honestly can't believe how fast the time is going.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to type up a lengthy post though, mostly because I have a lot of things I need to get done tonight.  I do however, really want to take just a minute to share a fantastic and super easy, meatball sub recipe.  I'm one who's always on the look out for a great tasting slow cooker recipe, and this is definitely one of them.....or so I was told. I'm also one who always trusts my taste tester because as far as I know, he hasn't lied to me yet!


Bavarian Meatball Sub in the Slow Cooker
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
2 packages Italian meatballs
½ a small onion, chopped
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 package dry onion soup mix
12 oz. Coca-Cola zero
Hoagie Rolls, split in half
1 package, shredded Swiss cheese


Directions:
In a slow cooker, coated with cooking spray, place the meatballs, onion, brown sugar, soup mix, and coke zero.  Turn the cooker on low and set for 3.5 – 4 hours, or until the meatballs are heated through.

Once they are finished, place the hoagie rolls onto a baking sheet, add a few of the prepared meatballs, and top with the desired amount of Swiss cheese.  Place the pan into the oven, on broil, for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the rolls have turned a nice golden brown color around the edges.

Enjoy!

Slightly adapted from Six Sisters

0 comments:

Post a Comment