RSS

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge: Day 18 (Caulifower Chicken Fried Rice)


Even though I absolutely love to travel, it's always a nice feeling when I arrive home and can get back into my routine.  I'd definitely consider myself a person who follows a routine too, which is just another reason I hate the fact I'm not healed from my tendon strain yet. 

However, here's what my daily routine looked like before my injury and what it will look like again as soon as I heal.
Routine:  up at 3 a.m. to workout on my treadmill, at 5:20 head to the gym at my husband's office, then at 7:15 head into school.  After school, at 4:45, to help me unwind from my day, either go for a walk on my treadmill or go outside for a relaxing run
I know that some of you who are reading this might be shaking your head at this point, because I've been told by some before that is a little excessive, but I honestly don't care.  I absolutely love to exercise and it makes me happy.  If I didn't enjoy to workout, then I wouldn't do it.

As of right now, my 30 day Paleo Challenge continues to be a huge success.  I even had time to try a new and delicious recipe tonight that I feel the need to share.  It's a recipe I've been wanting to try for awhile now, but have never been too motivated, due to all the healthy ingredients.  However, since I changed my eating habits, it actually works out perfectly and when I came across it again, I knew that I needed to make it.  The meal is Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice and it is utterly fantastic!  Instead of using rice, I placed some cauliflower into the food processor to rice it, and honestly if I didn't know it was cauliflower, I wouldn't know the difference.  My husband, Jeff, even ate it, which says a lot because there is no way I could ever just get him to take a bite of cauliflower, it's too healthy.


Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
3 cups riced cauliflower
2 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
¾ cup frozen peas and carrots
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
½ Tbsp. olive oil
4 egg whites, scrambled
3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce

Directions:
In a large wok or skillet, set over a medium/high heat, and coated with the olive oil, sauté together the garlic and onions.  Continue to sauté until the onions become transparent.  This process should take about 2-3 minutes.

Next, add in the peas and carrots and continue to cook until they’re heated through and appear soft in texture.  Once they’re ready, add in the chicken and stir around.  Lastly, add in the cauliflower, scrambled eggs, and soy sauce.  Continue to cook the mixture for about 5-7 minutes, making sure to stir together frequently, which will ensure that everything is well combined.

Serve warm, and garnish with any other healthy choice toppings you might enjoy!

Source: Inspired by and adapted from Family Fresh Meals

0 comments:

Post a Comment